The 80th IEC General Meeting
The 80th IEC General Meeting in Frankfurt Main (Germany) is the annual event which has been held from 10 to 14 October 2016. Viet Nam’s delegation led by Mr. Nguyen Hoang Linh, Deputy Director General of the Directorate for Standards, Metrology and Quality with members including representatives from Department of Standards, Quality Assurance and Testing Centre 3, Viet Nam Electricity, Daikin, Panasonic, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has participated in the session.
The 80th IEC General Meeting had the theme of “Connecting communities - Reinvent standardization” to connect members of IEC in standardization activities to innovate, create and strive for a sustainable and developed IEC.
The IEC General Meeting 2016 focused on discussing IEC’s strategic programs by 2020, of which results will open a new era of standardization activities for products, services, applications in the entire field of electro-technical, electronics and information technology, ensuring safety with the highest quality for users and technical professionals in the manufacturing and application of electro-technical products and energy distribution.
Accepting responsibility, taking the initiative, recognizing opportunities to shape change and setting the path for the future with the power of standardization is the goal of the strategy towards 2020 of IEC.
The General Meeting also mentioned cooperation activities of three international standards organizations IEC, ISO and ITU with the following specific objectives:
- Strengthening and promoting consensus based on the international standard systems in which all members participate voluntarily.
- Promoting and enhancing the transparency of international standardization and related issues of conformity assessment.
- Sharing information on experience, developing policies - strategies and strengthening the promotion, training to improve the capacity of the system.
Along with the plenary session, IEC this year also organized several breakthrough meetings for issues related to intellectual property protection, IEC trademark protection and NC’s role in strengthening the participation of stakeholders with IEC activities, especially the Young professionals program that IEC intended for young professionals to train and provide engineers, technicians and managers in the future with the opportunity to expand their knowledge and to shape the future of international standardization and conformity assessment in the field of electro-technical industry.
On the sidelines of the meeting, Deputy General Director Nguyen Hoang Linh also had a meeting with Mr Dennis Chew – IEC Regional Director, Asia-Pacific Regional Centre and colleagues to discuss a number of issues related to support for IEC Viet Nam in the coming time.
- APO’s Governing Body Meeting in Tehran
- STAMEQ welcomed KATRI (Korea)
- To supplement the units in inspection activities of science and technology
- Sub Committee on Standards and Conformance Meeting (SCSC) for the APEC 2017Sub Committee on Standards and Conformance Meeting (SCSC) for the APEC 2017
- World Standards Day 14/10: “Standards build trust”
- STAMEQ welcomed KATRI (Korea)